Vandalia Division of Fire
With a tradition of service excellence, the City of Vandalia is accepting applications for Full Time Entry Level Firefighter/Paramedic/Fire Inspector.
Applicants for the position must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a United States Citizen.
- Possess and maintain a valid State of Ohio vehicle operatorís license.
- State of Ohio Level II Firefighting certification.
- State of Ohio Paramedic certification.
- Possess an EVOC (Emergency Vehicle Operator Course) and/or two years of fire apparatus driving experience.
- Obtain satisfactory scores on assessment of credentials, oral interviews and practical assessment.
- Successfully pass other screening tests as required prior to appointment, including a background check, psychological and physical exams.
The following qualifications are PREFERRED but not required:
- An Associate`s Degree or two years of credit from an accredited university or college
- At least one year of recent, successful service as a full or part time firefighter/paramedic.
- State of Ohio Fire Safety Inspector certification. (REQUIRED within one year of appointment, if appointed.)
- Additionally, the successful candidate must meet response-related residency requirements upon appointment.
NOTE: Current Part Time Employees of the Vandalia Division of Fire with at least 12 months of satisfactory service will receive preference.
Applicants must complete Vandaliaís Employment Application, available on the city website at www.vandaliaohio.org or at the receptionistís desk at the Vandalia Municipal Building, 333 James E. BohananMemorialDrive.
They must also submit a one-page, personally-composed and handwritten letter explaining their interest in joining the Vandalia Division of Fire. In the letter, they should describe their professional background and provide a short explanation of their goals and specific desire for a position with the City of Vandalia. Letter may be no more than one 8.5x11-inch page in length, single sided.
All applicants MUST complete the application thoroughly and accurately and submit it, along with the letter as instructed, no later than Noon, Thursday, June 15, 2017 to the City of Vandalia, 333 James E. Bohanan Memorial Drive, Vandalia, OH 45377.
Applications may NOT be submitted at any Fire Station, nor may they be submitted electronically. Failure to complete the application form accurately and timely file it along with the one-page, handwritten letter will constitute grounds for rejection. The failure to truthfully disclose all material and relevant information shall also constitute grounds for rejection or, if discovered subsequent to appointment, dismissal.